Views from a Child's eyes

Sunday, October 30, 2005

My name

Ever wonder why my parents gave me this name Athena? Story goes like this, mom was in Athens in 1996 and went to Acropolis - a temple dedicated to the Goddess Athena. And she decided to name her future daughter (if she had one) ATHENA because it has good meaning and it's a unique name.

ATHENA
Gender: Feminine Usage: Greek Mythology Other Scripts: Αθηνη, Αθηνα (Greek)
Athena was the Greek goddess of wisdom and warfare, the daughter of Zeus and the patron goddess of the city of Athens in Greece. She is associated with the olive tree and the owl.
It took her a long time to convince daddy to use this name. Yes, I was almost called Celine, Elizabeth and whatever christian names found in the bible. Daddy was finally convinced when mummy showed him the fifth time the meaning of this name. At 4 or 5 months in mummy's tummy I finally had a name. And I heard my name again when I first opened my eyes and see this stranger (daddy) carrying me.
Mummy said she'll bring me back to Athens to find the root of my name one day. This is so interesting it's as if my ancestors' are Greeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home