Views from a Child's eyes

Saturday, November 19, 2005

My Birthday Party

A day of celebration, a few weeks of planning and organising.
17th night at 11.48pm - mummy put up some decorations, minus the balloons
18th night at 9.25pm - mummy placed the favors into a foil container and do some coffettis thrown inside. Mummy brought the Elmo mylar to Concourse to have it inflated in the daytime. Mummy wanted to rent the helium tank to inflat some ordinary balloons tomorrow but they do not have anymore small tanks, so mummy decided to make do without the tank.
19th -Events in the Day
Mummy woke up early at 7am to give me my medication and started preparing the fruit salad. Finished about 9 plus.
10 plus since daddy was not doing anything, mummy decided to make him blow the balloons (also mummy's scared of blowing balloons). I was busy running from the bedroom to the living room with the balloons. Balloons were finally up.
A quick mopping of floor of the living room and kitchen.
12pm - a shower with the birthday girl.
12.23pm - Neo Garden came with the food. I ordered Mee Hoon they came with Fried Rice, told them I wanted the Bee Hoon back since I've already steamed some white rice. Very efficient they came back at 12.54pm
Before mummy can place the food on the table, mama;dua-kim and ah yi came. Thank goodness it's family members so I don't have to entertain them while busy with the preparations. Also, they can help themselves to the drinks in the fridge.
Ma-ma; gong gong; da gu;da gu zhang;xiao gu;xiao gu zhang and my cousins came at 1 plus 2pm, then party started. They had to leave as Cousin Lawrence has a guitar lesson, so at 3.30pm they sang a birthday song for me. At first I was happy then I started to pout my lips and I refused to blow out the candles. I ran away from the table into my room to play with my Playdoh. Mummy carried me back and they helped me blow out the candles. Da-gu helped mummy cut the cake. They left at 3.50+ and then gong-gong came. Mummy complained "now then you come....." Ma-ma they all stayed until 9+ to play with me.
Before they left, I packed my Playdoh in a plastic bag and told them that I am going to bring it with me to Tampines. When they were wearing their shoes; I wore mine too. I was very determined to stay over, so finally I get my way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home