Views from a Child's eyes

Friday, November 11, 2005

Trip to the swimming pool


Today mummy brought me to the swimming pool after school. It has been a long time since I went. In the toilet, after mummy changed me, I wanted to open the door. A usual mummy will scream at me "Ath-e-na... don't open. Mummy's not wearing anything." She told me that she is going to wear a swimsuit, I repeated the word after her.
I was very excited as she passed my small yellow ball which I normally play in the pool. Then I was so happy and walked towards the slide. I went up and mummy went into the baby pool waiting for me. But then I paused.... and walked away. I remembered the last time, I felt my legs and body wet and I got scared after that.
She urged me to go into the pool, it took me a while. After some time, I decided that it's still safer to stay with mummy. So I sat on her legs; I was 3/4 immersed in water. She bopped me up and down and soon she assured me that she will not let me go and asked me to kick. And she moved me... it was fun.
However this pool experience is not at all smooth sailing. Once I was walking with mummy (holding her hands) and I don't know how I just trip and fell into the water. Mummy carried me out of the water and hugged me.
After the pool, in the comfort of our home, mummy took this picture (of course with the swimsuit washed and dried). She bought this $90+ swimsuit from Seafolly and gasps that it's already tight (it's for Age 4). " Not worth it, not worth it. Can only use for another 2-3 times maybe," she said.
I want to tell her.. isn't it good mummy, I'm growing up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home