Views from a Child's eyes

Friday, January 06, 2006

First lesson


My Little Notes at Yamaha commenced today. We made out way to Tampines Mall at 5 plus and my class starts at 6.30pm. At 6.15pm we were already in Yamaha but Teacher Peggy came in at about 6.35pm. While waiting, I saw 6 other friends who will be with me throughout the entire 2 terms and maybe again if they decide to join the next level - Music Wonderland. There's a little girl who's 1 month younger than me and her name is Amanda and another boy Galton. And I can't be bothered to look at the other children.
We were introduced to the 3 instruments in our Percussion Kit, they are the cantanet ( i hope the spelling right); triangle and sleigh bells. And teacher Peggy first played song No.4 "Let's Play The Sleigh Bells" and we have to hit the sleigh bells in beats of 4 after each sentence and a beats after the last sentence. It was the same for the cantanet and triangle. I enjoyed the triangle better, I didn't like the cantenet because I hit my own finger. Ouch!
Then we were given sheets and asked to colour the pictures at home. We sang and pointed to the songs No. 6 and 7. Mummy at one time during our playtime was a kiddy ride, I put 3 tokens on mummy's palm and she'll move me. I was really excited when teacher played the song Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. I started singing and at one point started shouting loudly.
When the session ended 45 minutes later, we were taught a Goodbye Song.
Mummy felt that I could have responded better in class because I love music. She's wondering what happened to me because I did not perform as well as the other children, and had been clingy to mummy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home