Views from a Child's eyes

Friday, May 05, 2006

Trip to the NEW ! Tampines Swimming Pool

Wow! I like the new Swimming Pool. From the outside, I saw a mushroom with water spilling over from the top - I just couldn't wait to go into the pool.

There were two slides, blue and yellow slides, just like those you see in Wild Wild Wet (but not as meandering - a simple L-shape). I wanted to go on the slides and asked mummy to go along with me. After some time, one auntie spoke to mummy and asked her daughter (che-che) to bring me down as she noticed mummy's tummy. I followed that che-che twice and she really took care of me. I went to play around the mushroom after that with grandma.

Then mummy decided it's time to bring me into the bigger pool. But the lifeguard stopped mummy from a distance, at first mummy was confused as she always had no problem bringing me into a 1m pool. But then she decided to go to another pool, by then when she walked and looked at the floor, it says 1.2m. "No wonder!" This time she went to the correct 1m pool (well you can't blame mummy that pool over there used to be a 1m pool). She put on my lifevest and let me hold onto the kicking board while holding onto me. I managed to kick - err.... kick water into mummy's face. Haha! In all, I managed to do some kicking instead of just sitting in the baby float and get pushed around.

Just then dua-gu and dua-kim came by to join us.

I really enjoyed myself today and asked mummy to bring me down to the first pool with the slides again. Infact it is the first time I struggled while mummy's trying to get me out of the pool, and infact I was running away from her at one time.

We left at close to 7pm, after spending almost 2hours there, and there were lessons going on for other children. Mummy spoke to one guy, and it seems mummy is really interested to put me in swimming lessons. Oh no.. do I get to play with water??

I want to go there again. I don't like Hougang Pool anymore, it's no longer fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home