Views from a Child's eyes

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Tang Poetry

Mdm Qiu have been teaching us this Tang Poetry for the past 2 weeks.
Today, mummy saw from the list that Ms Chan gave her on what we've been learning in school. She asked me to recite, and then she tried - haha! mummy can't read.

Mummy managed to find a website that has 300 Tang poetries and managed to find it. Most importantly, she needs the translation to understand what she was reading. I don't know if I'm the one learning it or her?

Extracted from : etext.lib.virginia.edu/chinese/frame.htm

春曉

春眠不覺曉, 處處聞啼鳥。
夜來風雨聲, 花落知多少。

Translation: Meng Haoran
A SPRING MORNING

I awake light-hearted this morning of spring,
Everywhere round me the singing of birds --
But now I remember the night, the storm,
And I wonder how many blossoms were broken.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home