Views from a Child's eyes

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Cate Lin is 4 today

You know I hardly attend any children's birthday party, so when mummy had two invitations today - one to a Malay wedding and another to Cate Lin's party - she chose to let me enjoy myself.

As it is, I haven't recovered from my cough (from taking too much sweets during my birthday party and 2 days after that) so mummy's worried about my cough getting worse after this party.

Daddy didn't want to go at last minute, so mummy and me left for the party. Mummy drove down to a far far away place.

Two other friends were there when we got there. Immediately I was attracted to the chocolates and rice biscuits on the table. I helped myself to some, of course asking mummy for her permission. Suprisingly, mummy said yes.
Finger bites were served, I don't eat pizza so I had some sausages and lots of tidbits to fill me up.
I was very shy with the other children, it took me a long time to warm up and play with them. I was only interested in balls and bubbles, so joined them for these. While they played others, I ran back to mummy - only to be urged to go & join the other kids again.
Finally, the highlight of any parties - Birthday cake. The cake looks different from what I usually see and it's filled with the warmth and love of their family - handmade by Aunty Angela, May Tia and Cate Lin.
May Tia gave out some candy canes while waiting for the candles to be lighted up

Birthday song
Children looking on at the cake
The birthday cake filled with more sweets. Yummy.....

Photo with some of the children
Aunty Angela, Uncle Ray Sun, May Tia che-che & Cate Lin mei-mei
Aunty Angela was so nice to ask me which is my favourite candy and I pointed it out to her. I ate my cake.. enjoying every bite of it. After our cake, we had three games indoor. 1) Princess says : It's something like Simon says. I didn't play this game because I don't dare to go up and line up to do what Princess says (coz I'm the Princess). The last one standing , the winner, gets a present. 2) Passing the parcel : the music stopped and it was in my hands. I got a chance to open up the present. In it, I was asked to do what is written inside - Show how a flower grows - I did it with the help of May Tia and I get to keep the gummy inside. The final one.. was the real present. Sadly, I didn't get a chance to keep it. 3) Freeze song : you dance and dance and stop when the music stops. Slowly one by one will be eliminated and the winner gets a present. I didn't play this too.. coz' I'm shy. I would have definitely won in this. After that I went outside to play with the other children. I was getting comfortable with them already while mummy stayed inside and talked to the other aunties. We were all tired and came back. We all got a balloon each. Mine was a white Pooh balloon. A girl and me were playing outside when her balloon burst. When I played mine later, it burst too! Mummy screamed. There were some uncles (Uncle Ray Sun's colleagues - pilots in SQ) sitting there and they laughed at mummy. Aunty Angela then gave me another blue Tigger balloon to blow up at home. I was already getting very tired, because I didn't get to nap in the daytime. We left at 6pm for home. I was really tired that mummy woke me up a few times but .......
I'm still sound asleep


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home