Views from a Child's eyes

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Letter C - month

This month is the Letter C month. Not that I don't know my ABCs, I knew them even before I started going to school.. but she just wants to emphasise (again & again) the Phonetic sound of 'C'. I want to tell her, I know already but since she wants to do it - then let her be lor!

Mummy & me did a cat mask. And since I've been asking mummy to read me The Very Hungry Caterpillar book, she thought it'd be a good idea to use that as the book for the Letter C.

She managed to find something for me to do with the story and yesterday we did a little before leaving the house.
First, I was given some cards and I had to place them in sequence. I told daddy the story and mummy's very pleased that I can tell story now.
Then, I did some colouring of a caterpillar on a leaf.
Mummy, then surprised me by teaching me a caterpillar finger play. I get to learn about chrysalis (wah.. so chim) It is so fun... I think this is more fun than what I learn in school. I want mummy to do this with me more often.

I sneaked into mummy's files, I saw she printed some activities for me for the next letter. Till then, I'll keep you updated on the next letter.

For the past week too, she's been teaching me slowly how to make 'sh' sounds, she even let me do some worksheets. And I did so well in differentiating words that starts with only 's' and 'sh'
Actually it's fun to do lessons with mummy, but I don't understand why mummy always complain that I like to dilly dally time (such that she's behind schedule now).

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home